- Monday - Friday: 10am - 5pm
Saturday: By appointment only
Posted on Wednesday, September 16th, 2015 in Milwaukee.
We love Milwaukee. The summers are filled with festivals and outdoor concerts. In winter, we see romantic carriage rides downtown and ice skating at Red Arrow Park. All of the unique parts of Milwaukee are just one reason why Kloiber Jewelers is proud to call this amazing city our home. Here’s our list of the 8 best things to do in Milwaukee:
1. Visit Milwaukee’s oldest structure, the St. Joan of Arc Chapel. Located behind Marquette’s Memorial Library, this Gothic chapel dates back to the fifteenth century where it stood in Chasse, a small French village. The building was restored by one of France’s most famous architects, Jacques Couelle and then transported to Long Island in the 1920s. In the mid-1960s, it was moved to its current location here in Milwaukee. Believed to be the only medieval structure in the entire Western Hemisphere dedicated to its original purpose, this is a must see for all those interested in history.
2. Stay overnight in the Milwaukee Public Museum. This is great activity for parents or grandparents who are looking for something fun to do with their 6-12 year old kids. Usually about once a month, the museum allows groups to stay overnight in the museum and participate in several activities including a self-guided flashlight tour and dome theater show.
3. Catch a performance by the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra. Under the leadership of Music Director Edo de Waart, the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra is among the finest orchestras in the nation. The orchestra performs 140 classics, pops, outreach, and education concerts each season, so you’ll be sure to find a performance you’ll love.
4. Visit Milwaukee’s only farm and greenhouse operation, Growing Power. This center offers community members a chance to learn from and participate in the development and operation of community food systems.
5. Attend the Schlitz Audubon Nature Center’s Fall Festival. Take a ride on a horse drawn wagon, decorate cookies, view a cider press demonstration, take scenic nature hikes, and do much more during this one day event in October.
6. Dine out for brunch at the Plaza Hotel. Said to have the best brunch in Milwaukee, the Café at the Plaza features locally sources seasonal and organic ingredients in their dishes.
7. Tour the Lakefront Brewery. Ranked as the fourth best brewery tour in the nation by TripAdvisor, this is a must do activity if you live in Milwaukee and love beer. Tour the brewery, receive a souvenir pint glass, and taste four 6 ounce draft servings of beer for the low cost of $8.
8. Experience a desert oasis, tropical jungle, and special floral gardens at the Domes. The Mitchell Park Conservatory (commonly referred to as The Domes) offers a look at the Earth’s unique diversity of plant and animal species in just one area. Also, make sure to stop by sometime at night so you’ll be able to see the domes light up.
So there you have it, our list of the 8 best things to do in Milwaukee. We want to know, is there something that you love about Milwaukee that you would add to our list? Let us know in the comment section below!