How to Shop for Fine Jewelry Online
Posted on Wednesday, April 15th, 2020
We know that many of you have a lot on your mind right now and the last thing you may be thinking about is purchasing jewelry. But for those of you hoping to do a little retail therapy or wanting to treat a loved one to a heartwarming gift during this turbulent time, you’ll likely have to change the way you shop for fine jewelry. With most jewelry stores temporarily closed right now, chances are you’ll have to shop online to purchase that new piece of jewelry. When you do so, you’ll want to follow these tips:
- Make sure you’re buying from a reputable jeweler. As with any online seller, there are some who try to deceive you into thinking their product is a good deal, when in reality, it’s not. When searching for an online fine jewelry retailer, make sure to find one who has a good reputation, is considered an expert when it comes to fine jewelry, and won’t deceive you with misleading or erroneous information.
- Look for accurately represented pictures. Does the image look like it was edited to make the jewelry appear more aesthetically pleasing? (Bad.) Is there only one photo? (Also, bad.) Is there a picture of the jewelry on a model so you have a better idea of its overall size? (Good.) Jewelry photos that will be the most beneficial to you in your search are the ones that have very little editing, present different angles, and show the jewelry in relation to a finger, ear, neck, or wrist.
- Read the product description. Details regarding gemstone quality/type, metal, and size will help you make an informed purchase decision. Does the jewelry piece you’re looking at feature a natural gemstone or a lab-created one? (All of the jewelry we carry at Kloiber Jewelers is set with natural, high quality gemstones, unless specifically stated otherwise). Is the jewelry made from platinum, white gold, sterling silver, or another type of metal? Paying attention to the product details will help you get a better sense of what you’re actually buying.
- Ask questions. If you’re considering purchasing a certain jewelry piece but are not feeling entirely confident in your decision, it would be a good idea to personally connect with the jeweler via phone or email. They’ll be able to get a better sense of what you’re looking for and can answer any questions you may have. When looking for an online fine jewelry retailer, make sure to find one where you’ll be able to easily communicate with an employee or owner who is knowledgeable about all of their products, instead of a general customer service representative who isn’t that familiar with all of the store’s jewelry pieces.
- Review the return policy. If the jewelry piece you ordered isn’t exactly what you thought it would be, can you easily return it? At Kloiber Jewelers, when you purchase one of our in-stock jewelry items, you’ll have 30 days from the day we re-open our store to return your order either in-person or by shipping it back to us. We’ll refund you for the total purchase amount provided that the jewelry piece is still in its original condition.
We know that shopping for jewelry online isn’t as ideal as shopping in-person, but when you purchase your jewelry from a reputable jeweler who accurately describes their jewelry and is there to answer any questions you may have, you can rest easy knowing you purchased a jewelry piece you feel confident and excited about.
To view our online fine jewelry collection, click here.