The best way to enhance your natural facial features is to wear earrings that complement the shape of your face. To determine which type of earrings look best on you, we need to first discern the shape of your face. Here are some of the most common face shapes:
- Round-shaped faces are typically as long as they are wide and have a rounded jaw and chin.
- Oval-shaped faces are usually more elongated in shape.
- Square-shaped faces have a strong jawline that’s similar in width as the forehead and cheekbones.
- Heart-shaped faces typically have a prominent forehead and cheekbones and a smaller, pointed chin.
- Diamond-shaped faces have a narrow chin, wide cheekbones, and a narrow forehead.
Now that we have a better idea of your face shape, we can determine which earrings will look best on you.
- Round-shaped faces will want to wear earrings that elongate their face. Drop earrings and dangle earrings are two excellent choices for individuals with a round face.
- Oval-shaped faces are lucky in that they can wear any type of earring. Studs, dangles, and hoops all complement oval-shaped faces.
- Square-shaped faces look best with round earrings, so we suggest wearing hoop earrings.
- Heart-shaped faces will want to wear earrings that are wider at the bottom and narrower at the top.
- Diamond-shaped faces can wear any type of earring and look great doing so.
Want to see more of our earring collection to find the perfect pair of earrings for your face shape? You can view our entire collection online here.