3 Things to Keep in Mind When Picking Out Wedding Bands
Posted on Wednesday, January 25th, 2017
in Guides, Informational.
- What type of metal do you want? Gold and platinum are the two most popular precious metal options when it comes to women’s wedding bands and Stainless Steel seems to be the most favorable choice for men’s wedding bands. For those who want to wear their wedding band with their engagement ring, we usually recommend selecting the same type of metal as the engagement ring. Since all metals age differently, the appearance of two different metals can vary over time. For those who wear their wedding band alone, we’re seeing a significant increase in Stainless Steel wedding bands, especially among men. These bands are scratch resistant, hypoallergenic, and very affordable. The one downside of Stainless Steel is that the rings can’t be resized, so you’ll have to order a new wedding band any time your finger changes sizes.
- Do you want the wedding band to match the engagement ring? Many brides choose to wear their wedding band and engagement ring together. Because of this, we suggest looking for wedding bands that will complement your engagement ring. The best way to determine what type of wedding band goes well with your engagement ring is to try on different styles and see which ones you like best. Here are some other tips for finding the best possible wedding band:
- Thin diamond wedding bands go great with solitaire engagement rings.
- Select a simple wedding band if you don’t want to take too much attention away from an intricately designed engagement ring.
- If you have a uniquely shaped engagement ring and want the wedding band to rest right up against the engagement ring, we suggest having a custom made, contoured wedding band created.
- What’s your lifestyle like? If you live an active lifestyle (i.e., moving and using your hands a lot), we usually like to make a few recommendations for your wedding band. For those of you who would prefer a diamond wedding band, we usually recommend setting the diamonds in a secure setting, such as channel setting to ensure the diamonds are well protected. If you want a plain wedding band and would prefer to have the least amount of scratches as possible, we recommend selecting a platinum or stainless steel wedding band.
If you have any questions about wedding band selection, please contact Kloiber Jewelers at 414-276-2457 or at email@example.com.