Shopping for an Engagement Ring at Kloiber Jewelers
Posted on Wednesday, May 18th, 2022
in Engagement Rings.
For many individuals, shopping for an engagement ring is their first experience buying fine jewelry. They’re not sure what to expect and may feel a little nervous given that an engagement ring is one of the most meaningful purchases they’ll make in life. Every engagement ring retailer is different, so your experience at one store may be completely different than that at another. At Kloiber Jewelers, we try to make your experience as easy and enjoyable as possible. Here’s what you can expect when you shop for an engagement ring at Kloiber Jewelers.
- Step 1: Initial Consultation. We recommend scheduling an appointment with our owner, Karin Volz, who has over 40 years of knowledge and experience working with couples to create engagement rings they’ll cherish for their rest of their lives. She’ll be able to answer any questions you may have, bring up ideas or concerns you may not have initially thought of, and get a better feel of the type of ring you’re after.
- Step 2: Second Appointment. After we have a better sense of what style engagement ring you like the most, we’ll contact our best designers and have them send us one or multiple variations of that style. If you’re looking for a completely custom-made engagement ring, we’ll create a CAD (computer-aided design) or wax model so you can have a better idea of what the ring will look like when finished. As for the center gemstone, we’ll sort through thousands of different gemstones to find the top three we think you’ll like the most. During the second appointment, you’ll be able to compare the different gemstones, look at them under a microscope, and pick out the one you like the most. If you don’t like any of the gemstones, we’ll start the process over again and get in some more gems for you to see.
- Step 3: Jeweler begins working on the ring. After we’ve decided on the perfect setting and have picked out the gemstones that will be incorporated into the ring, we’ll have our goldsmith begin working on the engagement ring. For already-made settings, our goldsmith just needs to set the gemstones and size the ring if needed. For custom-made rings, our goldsmith creates the entire ring from scratch. This process usually takes anywhere from one to two weeks.
- Step 4: Pick up the engagement ring. After the engagement ring is complete, we’ll create an appraisal for you that will include a detailed description and image of the ring so that you can insure the engagement ring if you choose to do so. All that’s left is for you to pick up and pay for the ring. For individuals who aren’t planning on proposing right away, we can keep the finished ring in our safe until you’re ready to get down on one knee.
- Step 5: Rest easy knowing we’ll always be here for you. The Kloiber Jewelers experience doesn’t end when you leave our store. We’ll be here for you after you purchase the ring to take care of any additional services you may need after you propose. This means you can stop into the store anytime for complimentary cleanings and routine check-ups. We can tighten any loose gemstones and resize the ring if needed as well.
Have additional questions regarding what it’s like to shop for an engagement ring at Kloiber Jewelers? Contact us at 414-276-2457 or email@example.com. You can view part of our engagement ring collection online here. And if you’d like to schedule an engagement ring appointment, you can do so here.