Engagement Ring Cost
Posted on Wednesday, February 13th, 2019
in Engagement Rings.
One of the most common questions we receive when it comes to engagement rings is how much a ring will cost. Well, we’ve created engagement rings for as little as $500 and as much as $75,000. The cost all depends on a variety of different factors. Some of the biggest factors that go into determining the cost of an engagement ring are:
- Metal Type: Gold (white/yellow/rose) and platinum are the most popular options when it comes to precious metal type for an engagement ring. Platinum is the most durable option but will cost significantly more than gold. Additionally, rings that require more metal, such as those with a thicker band or larger ring size will cost more than rings with less metal.
- Gemstone Type: Nothing quite compares to the sparkle and durability of a diamond, which is why this gemstone is not only the most popular option for an engagement ring, but also the most expensive. For those looking to save a little money (while adding some color to the ring), sapphires and rubies are both excellent colored gemstone alternatives to a diamond. And for those who prefer something similar in appearance to a diamond, but a little more affordable, consider these three diamond alternatives.
- Gemstone Quality: The gemstones that command the highest price tag are those that have the best color (or lack of color when it comes to diamonds), have few visible inclusions, are well-cut, and are larger in size.
- Gemstone Quantity: The more gemstones incorporated into the engagement ring, the higher the price. In addition to the cost of the gemstones, you’ll also have to pay for the labor to set all of those gems into the ring. For those looking to save some money on an engagement ring, consider featuring just one gemstone in a solitaire setting.
- Engagement Ring Style: Expect to pay more for intricate styles that require a lot of labor and skill to create. Simple styles, like solitaires will cost far less money than over-the-top, extravagant rings.
To get the most for your budget, make sure to visit a small, locally owned jewelry store, where you’ll have the chance to work one-on-one with an engagement ring expert to ensure that you spend your engagement ring budget wisely.
If you’re interested in finding out pricing for one or more of our engagement rings, contact us at 414-276-2457 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what type of metal and gemstones you’d prefer in your engagement ring. If you’re not sure on the exact style you’re looking for but have a budget in mind, we’d be more than happy to work with you and determine what exactly can be attained given your budget.