Engagement Fun Facts
Posted on Wednesday, October 7th, 2015
By the numbers… (Results from TheKnot.com’s 2015 bridal survey.)
- The average cost for a wedding is $29,858.
- The most popular month for getting engaged is December (19%).
- June and September are the most popular months for weddings (15% each). One reason why June weddings are popular has to do with the Roman goddess Juno, who rules over marriage, the heart, and childbirth.
- The most popular wedding colors are blue (35%), purple (26%), pink (25%), and metallic (25%).
- The average age of a bride when she gets married is 29.
- 63% of brides choose a colorless diamond as their center stone.
- The top 3 preferred engagement settings are: prong setting (32%), halo/shared prong settings (22%), and pavé setting/diamonds (17%). Click here for more information on these different settings.
- On average, 7,000 couples marry each day in the United States.
Superstitious? (Facts you can choose whether or not to believe.)
- Rain on your wedding day is actually considered good luck.
- Wednesday is considered the best day of the week to marry. Monday is for wealth and Tuesday is for health.
- A sapphire in a wedding ring means marital happiness.
- Aquamarine represents marital harmony and is said to ensure a long, happy marriage.
- If the younger of two sisters marries first, the older sister must dance barefoot at the wedding or risk never landing a husband.
- It’s a sign of good luck if you find a spider in your wedding dress on your wedding day.
Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue (What does it actually mean?)
- Something old symbolizes continuity with the past.
- Something new offers optimism for the future.
- Something borrowed symbolizes borrowed happiness.
- Something blue symbolizes purity, fidelity, and love.